2/21/2013

The Trend of Sarong

Indonesia Fashion Week 2013 has inspired me more about fashion. After I had found the neon color trend in 2013 at Jakarta Fashion Week 2013, I also found the trend of sarong at Indonesia Fashion Week 2013. A lot of people knew that sarong is used to pray and another rituals. In fashion, sarong is a unique material that can be used to make unique design, too. Some wonder design I have found at Indonesia Fashion Week 2013. But just some photos that I can take.

The trend of sarong
Sarong can be used to make some dress in formal, traditional, casual, feminine, masculine, classic, modern, ... everything style. We can make sarong become the main part of dress or just make it some patches, accessories, or something like that. Inspired by this, I wanna make a graduation dress in modern classic style with the main materials is sarong. hehe :)

The 3rd winner
at Indonesia Fashion
Design Competition 2013
The second picture is my new friend, Firoh, whom I have met at IFW2013. She is a Indonesia Fashion Design Finalist. She work at garment workshop in Jogjakarta, but she have a new fashion label, named 'Agris', too. She bring 'Agris' to IFW2013 in order to introduce to people if there is a great fashion designer behind the great fashion design. And I think she make it, because her design got the 3rd number in the competition.

I learn from Firoh, that everything come by process. She is a fashion designer, but she can make her product sold by someone, who back up her product, not herself. I mean that, as a new fashion label, she should make people aware about her product by the famous company. And I think the same thing with Firoh.

No comments:

Post a Comment